A few of our customers have been kind enough to leave some reviews of us...
"Great all-round knowledge"
Chris and I worked together for 10 years. He looked after the technical side of running a complex wide area network for a £50 million company... 100 PCs and laptops, printers, routers, switches, cabling, software development, email, backup solutions. I can't remember ever having a problem he couldn't solve. I would have no hesitation using Chris at either the business or personal level.
Robin Tymm, Systems Manager, JBM International Ltd.
"Impeccable service & delivery"
I have known Chris of Cavendish Systems for over a decade and have had the pleasure of working with him since 2000. Chris was in charge of IT systems for our large manufacturing company and designed a series of bespoke software systems, providing solutions to detailed technical problems. His ability to translate practical issues into IS based solutions is unparalleled. We were also fortunate to have Chris's expertise to maintain computers and network infrastructures, and no problem has ever been too big to tackle. His professionalism is exemplary as is his technical knowledge and commitment to solving problems. A true expert with patience, understanding and technical ability.
Simon Bradley, Commercial Executive, Bernhard Metals (Recycling) Ltd.
I have never had a problem that Chris can't fix! Cavendish Systems has fixed both hardware and software problems on several desktops and laptops over the past 12 years. Trustworthy, knowledeable and efficient, the ONLY person I call.
Kathryn Mabbott, Mansfield Woodhouse, Notts.
"I trust you unreservedly and would recommend you without hesitation"
A quick note to say thanks for helping me out yesterday with my virus scare. So, thank you! I appreciate your advice and you will be my first choice, as always, for future pc glitches. It was really good of you to return my call and take the time to help me out. Keep up the good work!
Professor Alison L. Goodrum, Manchester Metropolitan University.
"Very professional all round advice for home computing issues"
Chris helped with various home computing issues on the laptop and pc plus helping me source a very good deal for a hard disc drive to ensure I have a satisfactory back up and storage facility for the future. The issues covered some personal training needs in email issues, and how to access them without needing to use webmail, as well as virus protection and speeding up the home pc where it was too sluggish. Very approachable, extremely trustworthy and would highly recommend him to my friends/family/contacts.
Tracey Kidd, Watnall, Nottinghamshire.
"Finger on the techy pulse"
From his home in Nottingham to my home in Aberdeen, Chris has helped me on several occations with my home pc. From setting up virus protection or spyware, backing up my files and generally dealing with lots of difficult and stupid questions. He has many tricks up his sleeve - so if one doesn't work he keeps on going till he finds the solution. Chris has his finger on the "techy" pulse.
Tegwen Northam, Aberdeen.
"Friendly, honest and intuitively skilled"
Have known Chris for something like 20 years. My computers have never been new or state of the art but he has always managed to keep them going, whether the need be for a new part or software sorting. Do not know what I would do without him!?
Peter Thompson, Yorkshire.
"Top IT man"
Have known Chris for 10 years and used him on many occassions, he has been very reliable and professional. Top IT man.
Gary Widdowson, Kimberley, Notts.
"Most AWESOME computer guy!"
Chris, you're the most AWESOME computer guy in the history of computers!!! Thank you SO much, you've no idea how happy you've made me that I don't have to reinstall everything! :-)
Darrell Burnett, Nottingham.
You can read all our reviews here.
We pride ourselves on delivering quality, friendly service at down to earth prices.
We all love computer technology here and one of the joys of our job is to help customers get the most out of their own technological "stuff".
If you would like simple yet professional computer advice, please call us on 07720 966517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cavendish Systems is an independent computer services company based in Kimberley, Nottingham.
We have over 20 years experience in the IT industry providing advice, support, repairs, software & hardware to both corporate and home users.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - With reliance on computers now even more important than ever, we will be available round the clock to help anyone with their IT problems. We are fully equipped to work with your computers remotely and we can help you or your business to set up remote working if you need it. You can also still drop off your machines at our workshop or we can collect. If you are worried, we have systems in place that require no human-to-human contact. We are also able to clean & sanitize equipment before and after repair.
To give you an idea of exactly what we do, here's some of our recent work:
A full list of our services is below.
We are a proud ACRBO member, an organization of computer professionals that comply with a strict Code of Conduct.
- We service all brands of computer
- Hardware and software repair & problem solving
- Optimising & speeding up your system
- Mobile, on-site service
- 7 days, 7am to 11pm
- Computer health checks
- Virus/malware removal
- Upgrades & new systems
- Worldwide service - we can courier your laptop to our workshop or we can remotely access your computer
- Our rates start from £40 including on-site visit and the first hour. If we are unable to fix a problem, there is no charge.
- Computer maintenance plans available which include regular checks and discounted rates.
- Wireless network (WiFi) problems
- Home office & remote access (VPN) set up
- Local & wide area networking setup (LAN and WAN)
- Network security advice
- Branch office to main office network set up
- We are specialists in recovering data from seemingly dead hard drives, USB thumbdrives, etc. and restoring "lost" data. More details here
- Backup and restore of critical data
- Data Rescue - How to do regular, quick, reliable, cost-effective, off-site backups
- Secure disposal of sensitive data
- Data transfer to new computer
- Single or multi-page web site development
- Security advice and audits
- Maximising your "web presence"
Small Business Services
- IT Support
- Server management
- Charity sector experience - we can get huge discounts on software for registered charities
- Microsoft Small Business Server and Office 365 expertise
- Sage Accounts expertise
- Shop floor data systems - CNC interfaces, bar code systems, data capture, EPOS, etc.
- Bespoke PC, web or smartphone based systems
- Database systems tailored to match your requirements
- Sage Accounts add-ons and integration
- E-Commerce web sites
- Barcode systems
- Electronic Point of Sale
- From courses aimed at raw beginners to those who want to improve their knowledge of a particular subject. Training can be tailored to suit your requirements and is usually one to one.
- We can supply and install wireless home security & monitoring systems that keep watch on your property 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It is ideal for intruder detection, pictures are taken and instant notification sent to you or any nominated third party via mobile phone and/or email. It's also perfect for monitoring elderly/housebound relatives, babies, bird boxes...
Prices start from less than £100. Please contact us for more details.
- We have considerable experience in high def and standard def video editing/production.
If you would like advice in this area or would like video produced for the web, DVD or any new media, we'd be happy to help.
- We love a technical challenge. If you can't figure out how to do something on your PC, Mac, iPod, iPhone, Xbox, games console, MP3 player, mobile phone, digital camera, TV, PVR hard disc recorder or whatever, we'd be happy to help.
- Solving problems is what we do best.
Please call us today on 07720 966517 or email email@example.com